A Closer Look at Dental Implants
If you have missing teeth and are actively looking for a reliable replacement option in Calabasas, rest assured our dental services include dental implants, Calabasas. While you may have heard about how they offer better durability and stability than a dental bridge or removable dentures, you might wonder why they’ve become so popular over the last decade or so. Patients and dentists alike love dental implants because they closely mimic nature’s original design for healthy teeth. Comprised of a root portion (the implant that is anchored within the jaw) and a crown portion (the replacement tooth that attaches to the implant and rests above the gum line), dental implants look and function just like real teeth.
Dental Implant Placement in Calabasas
Dental implant placement is a multi-phase procedure and, with most dentists, you have to travel to a specialist’s office for the surgical portion of the procedure. To save his patients the time and hassle of referring to a different office, Dr. K welcomes Dr. Patrick Huston, a trusted periodontist (a dental specialist who has received years of training and education in dental implant placement) to Calabasas Smiles twice a month to perform the surgical implantation phase of the procedure. Dr. K firmly believes that having a specialist perform this vital phase of dental implant placement improves the level of care his patients experience and can result in better outcomes after the procedure. In addition, our patients get to enjoy specialized services in a familiar environment surrounded by familiar faces.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Although dental implant placement can take several months to complete, your time investment will be well worth it for several reasons:
- Dental implants can secure just about any type of dental prosthetic including CEREC crowns, bridgework, partial dentures, and even full dentures.
- Implant-secured dentures help wearers recover 80-90% of their normal chewing ability (as opposed to removable dentures, which only restore 10-20% normal chewing ability).
- Unlike removable dentures, implant-secured dentures will not slip or slide out and they do not require the use of special denture adhesives.
- Compared to bridges, that last an average 10-15 years, and dentures, which need readjusting and relining every few months and replacing every 3-5 years, dental implants should last a lifetime!
- Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, prompting the delivery of crucial nutrients like calcium and phosphorus that keep your jaw healthy and strong.
Whether you’ve lost a single tooth to an injury or gum disease or you’re looking for an alternative to traditional dentures, talk to Dr. K about how dental implants can change your life for the better.
Exceptional Care and Comfort with Your Calabasas Dentist
At Calabasas Smiles, Dr. K and his staff of friendly, talented professionals look forward to caring for your smile. We provide a full menu of dental care services, from checkups and cleanings to dental implants. To schedule an appointment at our Calabasas dentist office, please contact us today at (818) 878-7300. We proudly serve patients and their families from Hidden Hills, Malibu, Agoura Hills, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, West Hills, and the 91302 zip code area.