Like Nature Perfected
According to our Porcelain veneers dentist Calabasas, Dr.k, this permanent treatment option can address a number of cosmetic issues. The best cosmetic and restorative dental procedures should look like a procedure was never performed. This focus on natural beauty has driven the popularity of veneers, thin shells of layered dental ceramic that are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth and boast the light reflecting qualities of real tooth enamel. This treatment can help issues like:
- Chipped teeth or teeth with small breaks.
- Stained teeth that will not respond to teeth whitening treatments.
- Gapped teeth or teeth with uneven spacing (an attribute which has earned porcelain veneers the nickname “instant orthodontics”).
- Teeth with noticeably pitted or grooved surfaces.
- Small teeth that give your smile a childish appearance.
Dr. K, your Calabasas cosmetic dentist, has designed and placed hundreds of porcelain veneers and he excels at creating new smiles that look like nature perfected.
The Porcelain Veneer Placement Process
Before proceeding with placing porcelain veneers, Dr. K will first want to perform a thorough examination to ensure that you have strong, healthy tooth enamel and you have no outstanding oral health issues. In addition, he will want to sit down for a one-on-one consultation where you can discuss your goals for your smile. At this consultation, you are encouraged to bring pictures of smiles you find particularly beautiful to help give Dr. K an idea of the coloring, shape, and overall look you want.
In most cases, your porcelain veneers can be designed, fabricated, and placed in a single appointment:
- First, Dr. K will begin by removing an ultra-thin layer of tooth enamel, a necessary step which helps avoid the horsey, overly large look of some veneers.
- Next, Dr. K will take accurate digital impressions of your teeth which will feed into the CEREC computer. Using computer-assisted design software, Dr. K will design your veneers in a digital environment. The design will feed to the milling machine which will fabricate your custom-fitted veneers from blocks of delicately layered dental porcelain.
- After removing the veneers from the CEREC machine, Dr. K will tint and glaze them so they gleam with natural translucence.
- Finally, Dr. K will check the fit of the veneers, make any necessary adjustments, and cement them permanently onto your teeth.
With proper care and veneer-friendly lifestyle choices, your new smile can stay beautiful and bright for many years.
Exceptional Care and Comfort with Your Calabasas Dentist
At Calabasas Smiles, Dr. K and his staff of friendly, talented professionals look forward to caring for your smile. We provide a full menu of dental care services, from checkups and cleanings to dental implants. To schedule an appointment at our Calabasas dentist office, please contact us today at (818) 878-7300. We proudly serve patients and their families from Hidden Hills, Malibu, Agoura Hills, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, West Hills, and the 91302 zip code area.